People seem to love fried chicken any time of year. This recipe works well with skinless, boneless chicken thighs but for this recipe we used skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Both are delicious (the thighs would take a little longer to cook on each side), and the combination of Panko bread crumbs and rub provide great color in the finished product.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 tbs Dizzy Pig® Tsunami Spin rub
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Oil for frying***
- Wash chicken, pat dry, and trim any visible fat or skin.
- If they are of uneven thickness pound lightly but not too flat.
- Season meat with a coating of Tsunami Spin.
- Make an egg wash with the egg and milk.
- Mix the panko and Tsunami Spin in a bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg wash, and dredge in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- If possible, let the coating set up for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large frying pan or cast iron skillet until just smoking.***
- Carefully place the chicken in the pan, reduce heat if oil gets too hot.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes on the first side, or until well browned, then flip.
- Cook for a few minutes until the second side is brown and the center is cooked.
- For moist results, do not exceed 160°F internal temperature if possible.
- Remove from the pan, drain on a paper towel, and let rest for about 10 minutes
*** We like peanut oil, and you can also use canola or others, but try to use one with a neutral flavor as you want to taste the fresh, simple flavors of the bread crumbs, the seasoning, and the chicken.