Many thanks to Susan Handy, long time friend of Dizzy Pig and team member of the competition team for submitting this awesome looking Mediterranean-ish dish. Light and delicious, this dish is perfect for summer or fall.
- 2 pounds salmon
- Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/3 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- Two tomatoes chopped, I used heirloom
- A few peppers – roasted
- A mix of marinated items from the Mediterranean bar at local supermarket such as: mushrooms, olives, artichokes, pepperoncini, red onion and feta cheese
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 raw egg
- 1 Tbsp Mediterranean-ish rub
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Soak skewers in water so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Cut salmon into strips.
- Coat salmon strips with Mediterranean-ish seasoning.
- Thread salmon strips onto skewers
- Cut romaine lettuce in half lengthwise. Grill about one minute, then chop
- Roast peppers, place in paper bag to cool, then peel and chop
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender or food processor
- Mix salad with some of the dressing, to taste
- Layer salad on platter and top with the salmon and feta.
The dressing made more than enough but it would be great on a lot of other things.