Dizzy Pig team mate John Kovasckitz (WooDoggies) taught me this recipe. He has access to the mushroom farms around Kennet Square, Pennsylvania, and usually cooks this recipe using fresh oyster mushrooms. They are amazing and really big on flavor. My favorite are fresh Shiitake mushrooms, but either way, they are always a hit. Healthy and gluten-free, these grilled mushrooms will be a favorite for the entire family.
- Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Dizzy Pig® Tsunami Spin seasoning
- Brush the mushrooms liberally on both sides with some olive oil
- Dust both sides of the mushrooms with Tsunami Spin
- Prepare your grill with a medium-hot fire
- Use a temp between 350°F and 400°F direct over the coals
- After 10 mins, flip they should be lightly brown
- Cook on second side until the edges are brown and they start to curl
- Eat them hot off the grill
I have given these to chefs that roll their eyes in delight. If you like mushrooms, you gotta doya some! Thanks to John for showing me how to do these.