Pasta and Dizzy Pig may not sound like they go hand in hand, but Dizzy Pig prides itself on being able to share our seasonings on all different types of food! This dish has a distinct and different flavor and once you try it, we just know that you’ll want to try adding Dizzy Pig to all your pasta dishes (try putting Shakin’ The Tree in red sauce, you’ll thank us later!)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups of dry penne pasta, cooked according to directions
- For the dip & flip sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 oz chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted red pepper
- 1.5 tsp Dizzy Pig® Jamaican Firewalk
- For the pasta sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half (I actually use 1/2 cup cream, 1 1/2 cup whole milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I liked Monterey Jack)
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Dizzy Pig® Jamaican Firewalk
- Make the dip & flip sauce. Combine all ingredients in a blender, Magic Bullet, Ninja, mini-processor or other implement of destruction.
- Make the pasta sauce. Stir butter and flour together in a sauce pan over medium heat to form a blonde roux (about 1 minute). Whisk in the half and half, bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes whisking frequently. Whisk in the cheese in batches until blended. Whisk in the cilantro, red pepper, and Firewalk. Cover and remove from heat.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to 400°F. Make sure your grate is clean and lightly oiled.
- Grill the thighs 3 minutes per side.
- Remove each thigh, dip into the sauce, flip to coat both sides and return to grill, cooking another minute per side.
- Dip and flip again. Finish cooking chicken until it reaches an internal temp of 165-170°F (thighs can handle it) which should be another 2-ish minutes.
- To serve: Top pasta with the sauce, then sliced chicken and garish with more slice green onion if desired.