Chris Capell, creator of Dizzy Pig, has been perfecting the pizza for a long time, and his red and white sauces are just the right thing for your pizza! His red sauce includes Shakin’ the Tree, a lemon pepper rub that highlights the flavors of onion and garlic and heightens the pop of your red sauce!
- Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, or half a big one, finely diced
- 1 tsp oregano (or 1tbsp fresh chopped)
- 2-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 8oz. can crushed tomatoes (I prefer Hunts)
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce (again, Hunts knows tomatoes)
- 1 tsp Dizzy Pig® Shakin’ the Tree
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent and soft
- Add oregano, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree and simmer on low until combined
- Add salt, peper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Cover your pizza and add your toppings and enjoy!