GIFT CERTIFICATES FAQs
Gift Certificates are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using the store’s standard payment method(s). Once purchased, we will validate the order, release the value of the Gift Certificate(s) to your Gift Certificate Account, and send you an email notification when it is completed.
When you have funds in your Gift Certificate Account, you will notice that the amount now shows in the “My Account” page, along with a link for sending the Gift Certificate to someone via email.
Please note that you need to have a Dizzy Pig account in order to access the funds in your Gift Certificate Account. Therefore, please do not purchase a gift certificate using the “Guest Checkout” option.
To send a Gift Certificate you need to go to our Send Gift Certificate Page. You can find the link to this page from the “My Account” page.
When you send a Gift Certificate, you need to specify the following:
- The name and email address of the person you are sending the Gift Certificate to, and
- The amount you want to send (please note that you don’t have to send the full amount that is in your Gift Certificate Account)
- You can also include a personalized message in the email that is sent to the recipient
Please ensure that you have entered all of the information correctly, although you will be given the opportunity to change this information before the email is actually sent.
If you have funds in your Gift Certificate Account, you can use those funds to make purchases in our store. During checkout, your balance will be displayed, and you can enter the amount to apply from the funds in your Gift Certificate Account.
Please note, you will still have to select another payment method if there is not enough fund in your Gift Certificate Account to cover the cost of your purchase.
If you have more funds in your Gift Certificate Account than the total cost of your purchase the balance will be left in your Gift Certificate Account for future use.
If you receive a Gift Certificate by email it will contain details of who sent you the Gift Certificate, along with possibly a short message from them. The email will also contain the Gift Certificate Redemption Code. It is probably a good idea to print out this email for future reference.
You can now redeem the Gift Certificate in three ways:
- By clicking on the link contained within the email for this express purpose. This will take you to the store’s Redeem Gift Certificate page. If you are a new customer, you will be requested to create an account before the Gift Certificate is validated and placed in your Gift Certificate Account, ready for you to spend it on whatever you want.
- By clicking on the “My Account” page.
- During the checkout process, on the same page that you select a payment method, there will be a box to enter a Redemption Code. Enter the Redemption Code here, and click the Redeem button. The code will be validated and the amount added to your Gift Certificate Account. You can then use the amount to purchase any item from our store.