Started cooking with pumpkins a few years ago & realized that they’re far more than just something to be carved and/or smashed once a year, they’re actually a tasty vegetable . . . as good as any other squash that people eat all year long. This pie is half side-dish pumpkin & half dessert baked into one, or basically a very delicious dinner.
1 medium sized pumpkin
For the filling:
2 cups of the pumpkin pulp
1/2 cup each of sugar & brown sugar
1 can of condensed milk
Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head
- Cut a hunk off of one medium sized pumpkin and roast at 350°F for about 90 minutes until fork tender.
- Once done, scoop out the inside and rice it. Set aside for the filling.
- Take the flattest part of the pumpkin (on mine it was the top) and hack off a “pie-dish” sized piece. Roast this piece for about 30 minutes to give it a nice head start.
- Let it cool down a bit, and mix filling ingredients together. Fill the “pie crust” with filling and place on cookie sheet.
- Roast the pie (with filling) for another hour (minimum) to hour and a half. The top will turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from heat, cool for about 30 minutes, then set for a few hours in the refrigerator. Top with whipped cream and a little more Pineapple Head.